Head of Infrastructure
OK, so let's start with a few words about Vue Storefront.
Vue Storefront is an award-winning and pioneering global technology startup setting a new standard in online shopping. A frontend website technology for eCommerce businesses, the company develops software for retailers to create fast, modern and high-performing online storefronts at a fraction of the cost and time.
Loved by developers, Vue Storefront provides a whole ecosystem of ready architecture, out-of-the-box integrations, and other frontend services that can work together or independently to cover the entire frontend development cycle – from build to launch.
Founded in 2021, Vue Storefront is a best-in-class composable commerce solution and market-leading Frontend as a Service currently used by 2,000+ live stores around the world. With a remote, global team of 100+ people and offices in San Francisco and Warsaw, Poland, customers include Baby Bunting, Zadig & Voltaire and Berlin Brands Group.
Supported by 130+ partners and a community of 10,000+ developers, Vue Storefront and its leaders are recipients of a number of industry awards, including Europe’s top tech startup prize and recognition from Forbes magazine.
About the team:
Our team owns VSF cloud core infrastructure and assures its reliability (high-availability, cloud resources efficiency, scalability, security and cost optimization).
- GCP, Kubernetes
- Helm, Terraform, Docker
- Nginx, ElasticSearch,
- Github Actions
What will you be doing in this role?
- Acting as a Business Owner for VSF cloud infrastructure
- Taking ownership of the stability, reliability, scalability, resources optimization (cost effectiveness, security)
- Aligning business and product plans with the roadmap of the SRE team
- Lead the strategy for our cloud infrastructure and tooling, build & maintain SRE roadmap
- Mentor and guide SRE engineers to realize their full potential, promoting good practices and attitudes
- Cooperation with the management to formulate scalability strategy and to design the architecture with the goal of building a reliable solution
- Implementing a SRE framework including setting ambitious SLOs and striving to achieve them
- Ensuring all stakeholders are up to date with any changes that might affect their work
- Identifying and anticipating operating risks as well as taking proactive measures to mitigate them
- Facilitating collaboration between other teams and help to spread SRE/DevOps practices into other teams.
What do we expect you to have?
- Over 3 years of experience in Engineering Manager, Technical Leader, Cloud Architect or similar roles (ideally with a fast-paced international business environment e.g. SaaS, marketplace)
- A deep understanding of cloud technologies, backend applications, application architecture, databases
- Proven track record of SRE (or DevOps) area and understanding of SRE/DevOps principles and practices
- Ability to develop a vision and implementation roadmap with the increasing scale and complexity of the business
- Understanding of cloud resources optimization techniques (cost vs reliability)
- Proactive and pragmatic approach with a focus on getting things done
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to provide guidance and coaching to team members across multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to adjust the style and message to the stakeholders
- Strong people management skills with the ability to keep the team motivated and develop their skills
- Fluent English
- Sharing our values:
- Vibe - you say what does not fit. You give feedback, and you listen to critical feedback as well.
- Self-driven - everyone's opinion is essential, but ownership is more important. You understand that someone has to take responsibility for the decision and how it affects the whole product or company.
- Focus - you stay aligned with what and how we act as a company. You move your WIGs (Wildly Important Goals) further. You take responsibility for your work and overlook the health of that area,
What can you expect?
- Senior and experienced team
- Budget and tools for your skills Growth
- Fully Remote work with flexible working hours
- Values-driven culture, friendly and supportive work environment
- Contract type tailored to your need
- Engagement: it’s full-time engagement in every case
- Ability to regularly attend conferences and community events, both as participant and contributor
- Flat organizational structure: it helps to focus on what’s essential - have no barriers in communication, no Corpo-language, no going things around, no need to do things differently than most smartly and efficiently.
- Relations: VSF values healthy relations and spends time together
- Benefits: contract type depending on your decision, Medicover medical care package, access to the pool of courses, time to time workation, flexible working hours, working from wherever you want.
Join us if you feel that it's time for you to join VSF’s extraordinarily enthusiastic and successful team!